Hello, welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our Design Team’s theme is “Cute Critters” – showcasing their card/project with adorable animals, birds, or insects for any occasion. We hope you enjoy and will be inspired by them! Don’t forget to leave comments! We love hearing from you. At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
Today’s card is a mini slimline which is quickly becoming my favorite size card to make. It measures 6″ x 3 1/2″.
- The Whisper White card base is cut at 6″ x 7″ and scored at 3 1/2″ on the 7″ side.
- The next panel is a piece of Oh So Ombre Designer Series Paper in Bermuda Bay. It’s cut 1/8″ smaller that the card base and is glued to the card base.
- I cut another Bermuda Bay pattern from Oh So Ombre DSP 1/8″ smaller than the last panel. It measures 3 1/4″ x 5 3/4″.
- In this panel, I cut three circles using a circle die from the Layering Circles dies.
- Then I added glue around the outside edges and glued it to the card.
- I trimmed the circles with two scalloped circles.
- The cute little kangaroos were colored with Stampin’ Blend and tucked into each circle.
- The colored packages were adhered with dimensionals.
- Lastly, the sentiment from the Peaceful Moments, is stamped in black ink.
- The inside sentiment, from the Best Year stamp set, is stamped in Bermuda Bay ink.
Since I didn’t have an envelope to fit this size card and I plan on creating more cards this size, I created one. Here’s the template…
- Cut the corners as shown
- Fold the long sides over and glue and then fold the small piece (which will be the bottom) up and glue.
- Embellish the front to coordinate with the card.
The tag would work well on a small gift bag or as a package topper. I think one of the best things about creating our own cards is the ability to coordinate other things like tags or 3D items.
- Cut a piece of Bermuda Bay card stock at 2″ x 4 1/4″.
- Create the label by using the Scalloped Tag Punch.
- Trim a piece of Oh So Ombre DSP at 2″ x 3 1/2″.
- Die cut a small circle in the DSP.
- Glue DSP to the tag.
- Trim the circle with a scalloped circle die.
- I cut thin strips of Whisper White and Bermuda Bay card stock and glued to the top and bottom of the tag.
- The rest of the tag is embellished much like card.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Mark your calendars for our next blog hop on April 14th when our theme is “Great Family Occasions” when our Design Team creates a project for any special occasion. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft space.
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Windy Ellard at Windy’s Wonderful Creations
- Debbie Crowley at expressively deb…
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot!
- Jennifer Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja
- Sara Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Lori Webb at Clever Copies
- Lisa Milligan at Stamping Made Simple
Thanks for hopping with me today!